CPA, Senior Management Trainer, Audit Research Center | ARC Institute
Bachelor of Arts, Honours Chartered Accountancy Studies
Since 2005, Tracie has trained thousands of internal auditors from Germany, Europe, Africa and the US to communicate more effectively on an international stage. As a result, these auditors are able to communicate their key messages more clearly, concisely, and persuasively, resulting in agreement, action and positive change. Specialties include audit report writing, global communication competence, interviewing skills, reconciling findings with auditees, and presenting powerfully. Tracie is a former external auditor (Deloitte) and internal auditor (HFCL) from Canada, with 10 years’ experience in the financial industry in Canada and the U.S.
Key skills include
- Training, coaching and consulting internal audit for global communication skills.
- Designing training programmes that combine skills learning with culture and language to ensure success of the participants working internationally.
- Designing, creating and delivering customised, interactive workshops that bring measurable results for management.
- Providing feedback and distance coaching to internal auditors on actual audit reports and training case studies.
- Deep understanding of stakeholder requirements, audit report objectives, communication interactions within the audit process, and related challenges.
Significant Projects/Audit Communication Skills
- 2018 Presenter at the Congress of the German national IIA chapter in Munich, Germany. Topic: Agile Audit Communication.
- 2010 – 2018 Delivered a customised Audit Report Writing and Communication training programme to Internal Audit within the European banking system. Over 750 auditors from 25 countries participated in the training programme.
- 2017 – 2018 Trained the global Internal Team of a leading pharmaceutical company on Audit Report Writing and Next Level Auditing with ARC HIANCA.
- 2016 Trained the global Internal Audit team of a Swiss Bank on Audit Report Writing and Next Level Auditing with ARC HIANCA.
- 2016 Trained, coached and provided consulting services for 40 auditors including 5 Heads of Audit at a top German financial organisation as they overhauled their report writing methodology.
- 2015 Presenter at the annual Congress of the German national IIA chapter in Dresden, Germany. Topic: Global Communication Competence and the International Internal Auditor.
- 2014 – 2015 Trained the Internal Audit team of a DAX30 medical device company on Audit Report Writing, including individual & team coaching, and development of an Audit Report Writing Style Guide. Reduced reporting review time by more than 50%.
- 2005 – 2016 Delivered audit communication workshops to the German national IIA Chapter Academy.
- English native speaker
- German intermediate spoken
- President, Heidelberg International Toastmasters Club, affiliated with Toastmasters International